Quinoa SaladFeatured by Castoro Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Get the most out of this fantastic quinoa salad provided by Castoro Cellars by making sure you pair it with the White Blend found in your monthly Gold Wine Club shipmentYield: 4
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
• 1 bag mixed greens lettuce
• 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1-2 Bartlett pears, sliced or diced
• 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1-2 Pink Lady apples, sliced or diced
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbs freshly chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup Queso Fresco or Feta Cheese
• 1/4 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
• 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
• 1 1/4 cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Start off by cooking the quinoa, and once cooked, cool and set aside. Make the vinaigrette by separating the herb leaves from the stems and finely chop. Put the herbs into a medium size bowl and squeeze the lemon into the bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and once it becomes slightly thick, taste to make sure it isn’t still tart. If so, add more oil. It will need salt and pepper too, so adjust as needed.
Slice the red onion as thin as you can, and if you like, you can run it under cool water to take away some of the strong flavor. Chop or slice the pears and apples and add them to the dressing. Lightly mix. Add the lettuce to the pears and toss with your hands. In the bowl, pile the salad, and then add the quinoa, onions, cheese, and pepitas. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Castoro Cellars.