Prosciutto, Melon and Mozzarella SkewersFeatured by Hastwell & Lightfoot Vineyards in the International Wine Club.
A perfect and scrumptious appetizer for your next party or an addition to tonights meal. Fresh, sweet melon wrapped with Italian Prosciutto and finished with mozzarella cheese. This delightful hors d'oeuvre pairs nicely with the 2016 Vermentino from Hastwell & Lightfoot Vineyards.Yield: About 30 Pieces
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
• 1/4 lb thinly sliced Italian Prosciutto di Parma
• 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon, or 1/2 of each
• A lemon or lime for squeezing
• 1 8-ounce container of fresh cherry-size mozzarella cheese, each cheese ball cut in half
• Party toothpicks or bamboo skewers
• Melon Baller
Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop up the melon into small balls. Place melon balls in a bowl and sprinkle lemon or lime juice all over them.
Take a small strip of prosciutto and wrap it around a melon ball.
Pierce through with a toothpick and add a piece of mozzarella if desired.
Repeat for all melon balls. Arrange on a platter.