Portuguese Seafood PastaA featured Wine Club recipe for Herdade de São Miguel.
A delicious and authentic Portuguese pasta recipe! Enjoy this dish with a glass, or two, of the wines featured in our International Wine Club.Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 3/4 pound Portuguese chouriço, sliced into thin pieces
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1.5 pounds clams (preferably little neck)
• 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup shredded basil leaves
• 1 cup white wine
• 3/4 pound linguine
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
**You can add or substitute the clams for the imported Spiced Sardines in Tomato Sauce featured in our Portuguese Adventure Package!
1. Preheat the oven to 450°
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
3. Add the chourico and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the chouriço begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cayenne. Arrange the clams in the saucepan and add the tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of the basil on top.
>b>5. Add the wine and roast in the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir the clams and roast for about 20 minutes longer, or until most of the clams have opened.
6. Meanwhile, cook the linguine in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
7. Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
8. Pour the chouriço clam sauce over the linguine, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
9. Garnish the linguine with the remaining 1/4 cup of basil, serve and enjoy!
**See the Portuguese Adventure Package featured in our International Wine Club for imported foods to use in this recipe! And of course, make sure to pair it with the 3 Portuguese wines in your shipment.
Recipe sourced from easyportugueserecipes.com
Find more of our favorite pasta and wine pairings here!