Porotos GranadosFeatured by Adventure Package: Chile in the International Wine Club.
This delicious chicken bean stew recipe is the perfect paring for a Sauvignon Blanc from your wine subscription box. Cheers!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 bag frozen corn - 12 oz or 250 g, or 3 ears fresh corn
• 1/2 butternut squash
• 1/2 cup 120ml vegetable stock or water
• 1 can beans drained and rinsed (cranberry or cannelli are great, but anything works)
• 1 large onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons merken*
• 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
• 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
• Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400F (200C). Cut the butternut squash and half and remove the seeds. Roast the butternut
squash until soft (20-30 minutes, depending on how big it is). Remove and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, defrost the corn if using frozen. Reheat in the microwave or boil until soft. Let cool slightly. If
using fresh corn, boil for about 10 minutes until soft, then let cool and slice off the kernels.
3. Once the corn and squash are cool enough, add them to a blender with about half of the vegetable stock
and puree until liquefied.
4. Next, heat a pot on medium heat with oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and
sautee 2-3 more minutes until fragrant. next, add the spices, adjusting to taste.
5. Add the beans, then the puree and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, you
can thin it out with a bit more of the stock.
6. To serve, ladle the mixture into shallow bowls. Top with sliced tomatoes, more merken, chopped basil
and sea salt.
Recipe provided by Fresh Pressed Kitchen