Pizza with Prosciutto, Figs, and GorgonzolaFeatured by Ballentine Vineyard in the Gold Wine Club.
The perfect recipe to try out for family night! Homemade pizza with prosciutto, figs and gorgonzola cheese - delicious and fun. Pair it with Ballentine's 2009 Zinfandel.Yield: 1 Medium Pizza
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
• 1 (1-pound) purchased pizza dough
• 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 8 ounces)
• 6 small fresh figs, cut into 1/2 to 1/3-inch thick slices
• 2 Tbs. fig balsamic vinegar, divided
• 8 thin slices prosciutto (from two 3-ounce packages)
• 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 cups arugula
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12x10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared sheet. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper. Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 Tbs. vinegar over. Set aside.
Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 min. Immediately drape prosciutto slices over, covering pizza completely. Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Whisk remaining 1 Tbs. vinegar and oil in large bowl; add arugula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.