Pizza with Mushrooms, Goat Cheese, Arugula & WalnutsFeatured by Volatus Wine in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
A recipe that is both easy and delicious to pair with your latest Pinot Noir Wine Club shipment!Yield: One 12-14in Pizza
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• ½ recipe whole wheat pizza dough (see recipe (https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014328-pizza-with-green-garlicpotatoes-and-herbs))
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ½ pound mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and sliced
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
• 4 ounces goat cheese
• 4 walnuts, shelled and chopped
• About 1 heaped cup arugula leaves
• ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon walnut oil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with a baking stone inside, if available. Roll out the dough to fit a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet, and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and moist, four to five minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
Crumble the goat cheese into a bowl, add the walnuts and lightly toss together.
Brush the dough with 2 teaspoons of the remaining olive oil, and top with the mushrooms. Sprinkle on the thyme, and place in the oven. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the goat cheese and walnuts over the crust, and return to the oven for five to 10 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned and the cheese has softened. Remove from the heat.
Toss the arugula with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and the walnut oil. Scatter it over the pizza, and serve.
Recipe sourced from Martha Rose Shulman