Pepper SteakFeatured by Uvaggio Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Incredibly simple and delicious accompaniment to this month's wine club shipment! Pour a glass of Uvaggio Barbera and enjoy this juicy and flavorful steak.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
• 1 lb. steak, cut in strips
• 1 Tbs paprika
• 2 Tbs butter
• 2 cloves crushed garlic
• 1 1/2 cups beef broth
• 1 cup green onions, sliced diagonally in 2 inch pieces
• 2 large green pepper cut in strips
• 2 large tomatoes cut in eighths
• 2 Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup each water and soy sauce
• 3 cups cooked rice
Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, brown the meat in the butter. Add the garlic and broth, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in the onions and peppers, cover, and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the cornstarch/water/soy sauce mix to the meat mixture and cook, stirring until thickened and clear - about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir gently. Serve over fluffy white rice.
Recipe provided by Uvaggio Winery.