Papas con ChorizoFeatured by Adventure Package: Mexico in the International Wine Club.
Papas con Chorizo is an easy Mexican chorizo and potatoes dish that's best served with fresh tortillas. Great for breakfast and ready in only 30 minutes!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 10 ounces Mexican chorizo (homemade or store-bought)
• salt, to taste
• black pepper, to taste
• chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, add potatoes. Cover completely with water, cover with lid, and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. The potatoes should be tender and easily pricked with a fork. Carefully drain the water and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent.
4. Add chorizo and break up into smaller chunks using a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and stir together to combine with the chorizo mixture. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy.
Recipe sourced by Isabel Eats