Papas con ChorizoA featured Wine Club recipe for Adventure Package: Mexico.
Papas con Chorizo is an easy Mexican chorizo and potatoes dish that's best served with fresh tortillas. Great for breakfast and ready in only 30 minutes!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 10 ounces Mexican chorizo (homemade or store-bought)
• salt, to taste
• black pepper, to taste
• chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, add potatoes. Cover completely with water, cover with lid, and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. The potatoes should be tender and easily pricked with a fork. Carefully drain the water and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent.
4. Add chorizo and break up into smaller chunks using a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and stir together to combine with the chorizo mixture. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy.
Recipe sourced by Isabel Eats