Papas Arrugadas – (wrinkly potatoes)Featured by Adventure Package: Canary Islands in the International Wine Club.
These potatoes are a daily staple in the Carnarian diet. The heavily salted water wrinkles the skins and leaves them with a light crusting of salt, resulting in a concentrated potato flavor with a gentle saltiness that goes all the way though. Delicious with grilled fish and Canary Island Mojo Picon from this month’s International Adventure Package.Yield: 6
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 2 ½ lbs potatoes, bite-sized red, yellow or purple, unpeeled
• 2 Tbls coarse sea salt
1. Wash any dirt off the potatoes and remove “eyes,” if any. Place the potatoes in a large pot and add water to just cover; add the salt.
2. Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked.
3. Remove from heat and pour off the water. Return pot with potatoes to the stove, letting the steam evaporate. You should see a layer of salt form on the dry skins.
4. Serve hot with Mojo Picon from your Adventure Package