Pan Seared Halibut Recipe with Lemon Butter SauceFeatured by Zinke Wines in the Garagiste Wine Club.
This pan seared halibut recipe with lemon butter sauce takes just 20 minutes... which you'd never guess with how fancy pan fried halibut looks. Pair it with a White Blend from your most recent wine club shipment!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 4 6-oz Halibut fillets (1.5 lb total)
• 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp Paprika
• 1 tsp Sea salt
• 1/4 tsp Black pepper
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
Lemon Butter Sauce:
• 1/2 cup Salted butter
• 1 medium Lemon (cut in half)
1. Use paper towels to pat the halibut fillets completely dry - this will ensure even browning. Season the fish on both sides with garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the fish fillets in a single layer (you can do it in batches if all the fish won't fit in a single layer). Sear, without moving, for 3-4 minutes, until the edges of the fish are opaque. Flip and cook for 2-4 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Remove the fish from the pan and cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the butter to the same pan. Wait for it to melt, then heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is browned and smells nutty.
6. Use the Zulay Kitchen Lemon Squeezer to squeeze all the juice from both halves of the lemon into the pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until volume is reduced by half. The lemon butter sauce will still be thin.
7. Drizzle a little lemon butter sauce over each serving plate. Place the pan seared halibut fillets over the sauce, then drizzle more sauce on top.
Recipe sourced from Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com