Pan-Fried Trout With Garlic and LemonFeatured by Decibel Wines in the International Wine Club.
This recipe is well-paired with a Chenin Blanc. Choose one from your wine of the month club box and enjoy!Yield: 2
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
For the Tomatoes:
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon olive oil (to drizzle)
• Dash sea salt
• Dash black pepper (freshly ground)
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
For the Potatoes:
• 4 large potatoes (yellow, peeled and quartered)
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 teaspoon of sea salt
• Pepper to taste
For the Trout:
• 2 (7 oz./200 g) trout fillets (skin-on)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
Make the Tomatoes
• Gather the ingredients.
• Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C.
• Wash and pat dry the cherry tomatoes. Place them in a small baking dish.
• Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the lemon zest and then cover the dish with foil.
• Roast for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside.
Make the Potatoes
• Add the peeled and quartered yellow potatoes to a pot of cold water. Boil the potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes, then drain.
• In a large bowl, mash the potatoes well.
• Add the milk, butter, sea salt, and pepper. Combine well, cover, and set aside
Make the Trout
• Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
• Fry the fish, skin side down, in the skillet for 5 minutes.
• Turn the fillets over and fry for 2 minutes. Turn them over—skin side down again—and turn off the heat.
• Squeeze 2 tablespoons lemon juice over the fillets and add 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
• Plate the fish with the sides of mashed potatoes and roasted tomatoes.
• Serve and enjoy!
Recipe sourced by Decibel Wines