PaellaFeatured by Trombetta Family Wines in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
This delicious paella pairs equally well with the Trombetta Chardonnay or their Pinot Noir.Yield: 8
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 3-4 pounds cut up chicken
• 1 pound ground pork
• 2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 2 TBS olive oil or more as needed
• 16 prawns heads off but shells on
• 2 pounds squid cleaned and cut into rounds
• 1 large red pepper cleaned and cut into very thin strips
• 4-6 large cloves of minced garlic
• 1 large minced onion
• 16 live mussels scrubbed
• 16 clams
• 1 pound of chorizo
• 2 cups of peas
• 1 tsp of ground saffron
• 3 cups short grained rice
• Large can of peeled and dice tomatoes (or use fresh)
• 6 cups of hot vegetable or chicken broth
1. Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Sauté the ground pork and chorizo in the onions and garlic. Add the chicken pieces and prawns and sauté. Remove from the pan and put aside.
2. Add more olive oil and lightly brown the rice. Add ½ cup hot broth at a time until the rice starts to soften. Blossom the saffron in a ¼ cup of broth- mix together until the color or the broth becomes saffron colored and the aromas build.
3. Steam the clams and mussels in white wine with a little parsley. Remove from the wine when the open.
4. In a paella pan mix the rice with the vegetables over medium heat. Add in the tomatoes. Mix in the fish, chicken and chorizo, saffron/broth mixture. If desired take 8 prawns, 8 clams and 8 mussels and place on the top of the paella. Turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10-12 minutes. Serve.
Recipe provided by Trombetta Family Winery.