Oregano & Lemon Pork KebabsFeatured by Mountford Estate in the International Wine Club.
Pairs perfectly with a delicious Pinot Noir straight from your wine club box. Enjoy!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 lb lean pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon rosemary sprig
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Choose 2 or 3 From A Selection of Vegetables
• 1 medium red pepper, cut into large chunks
• 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
• 8 grape tomatoes
• 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
• 8 medium white mushrooms
For the marinade combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag or non-reactive bowl.
Trim the pork of all visible fat and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes in bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. (You can also toss the vegetables in if you like. Mushrooms and zucchini are especially good in absorbing the flavor.).
In the meantime soak wooden skewers in water. Wash and cut vegetables for kebabs. Thread kebabs alternating between the pork cubes and vegetables. Depending on the size of your pork cubes and the length of the skewers, you will have 1 large or 2 small skewers per person. Place on indoor or outdoor grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe sourced by Mountford Estate