Orecchiette With Sausage and Broccoli RabeFeatured by On Point Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
Pair this delicious pasta recipe with a Chardonnay from your recent subscription box from Gold Medal Wine Club.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 pound dried orecchiette pasta
• 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casing removed
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 cups Broccoli Rabe washed and ends trimmed
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
• Salt to taste
1. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the Orecchiette.
2. Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage to the pan and sauté while breaking it up in to small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage has nicely browned, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Lower the flame to low.
4. Drop the broccoli rabe into the pasta water and cook until the broccoli is tender and the pasta is al dente, about 8-9 minutes.
5. Scoop the pasta and broccoli rabe out of the water and add it to the pan with the sausage. Toss everything together over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve in bowls with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan Cheese.