Mushroom ToastsFeatured by Small + Tall Wines in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
A unique meal that yields terrific flavors! Its quick, simple, and delicious. Pair this with a Pinot Noir.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 8 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon butter, or to taste
• 4 slices brioche, 1-inch thick
• ¼ pound slab bacon, cut into matchsticks
• 1 pound fresh mushrooms (like chanterelles, morels or cremini), cleaned and sliced
• Salt, to taste
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 shallots, sliced
• ¼ cup dry white wine
• ? cup crème fraîche
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 4 poached eggs
• Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste
Butter brioche and toast in oven until golden brown. Set aside. Heat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook halfway through, until some of the fat renders out. Add mushrooms, and season liberally with salt. Cook until they’ve released most of their moisture.
Mix in garlic and shallots, and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with wine, and cook until pan is almost dry. Stir in crème fraîche and parsley. Add black pepper and salt, if necessary. Divide toasts among 4 plates. Top with mushroom mixture, poached egg and cheese.
Recipe sourced from Wine Enthusiast magazine