Mushroom and Walnut PateFeatured by Dutton Estate Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
These flavors are great together! Enjoy this with the Dutton Estate 2015 Pinot Noir or another Pinot Noir from our Pinot Noir Wine Club.Yield: 3 cups
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
• 2 tbsps chopped shallots
• 2 tbsps butter
• 2 tbsps flour
• 3 tbsps plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp dry sherry
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped (pulse in food processor)
• 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
• 2 tbsps chopped chives
1) Microwave shallots and butter in 1-quart casserole on high for 2 minutes.
2) Add flour; stir to make smooth paste.
3) Stir in all remaining ingredients except walnuts and chives.
4) Microwave on high, uncovered, 5-6 minutes, until mushrooms become shiny and limp.
5) Fold in walnuts and chives.
6) Pack into crock or bowl and chill.
7) Serve pate with crackers, sliced baguette, or thin slices of raw pear or apple.
Recipe provided by Dutton Estate Winery.