Mole ChilaquilesFeatured by Adventure Package: Mexico in the International Wine Club.
A deliciously authentic recipe using the Mole from your Adventure Package! For best results, pair this with the Red Blend from your International Wine Club shipment of Mexican wines.Yield: 2 - 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
• 10 corn tortillas, cut into eighths, preferably stale (spread out to dry overnight)
• 2 cups prepared Mole Negro sauce (from your Adventure Package)
• 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
• 1/4 onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1/4 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
• 1 fried egg (optional)
Pour about 1/3 cup vegetable oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the tortillas, working in 2 or 3 batches, and cook until lightly browned and nearly crisp. Drain the tortillas on paper towels and discard the remaining oil. Wipe the pan with a paper towel.
In the same pan, add the black mole sauce and bring to simmer over low heat. Add the tortillas and cook until soft but not mushy, about 3-5 minutes. Top with cheese, onions, and cilantro. Drizzle Sour cream and top with a fried egg. Serve immediately.
Recipe sourced from Guelaguetza at ilovemole.com