Marinated Olives with Herbs and SpicesFeatured by Handley Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Enjoy this simple snack with a glass of your favorite Chardonnay from your wine club box. Cheers!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
• 2 cups brine-cured olives, rinsed and drained
• ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 fresh thyme sprigs
• 6 whole star anise
• 4 large garlic cloves, peeled & sliced
• 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1½ tablespoon coriander seeds, roasted and ground in a spice grinder
• 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
• ¼ teaspoon dried allspice
• Fresh ground pepper
Place olives in a medium bowl. Combine oil and all remaining ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring to simmer over medium-high, until garlic is cooked, about 3 minutes. Pour mixture over olives. Cover and chill from 3 days to a week before serving.
To serve: bring olives and oil to room temperature.
Recipe sourced by Handley Cellars