Linguine with Tuna PuttanescaFeatured by Windstream Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Simple, fresh, and delicious! This is a lighter pasta dish that the whole family will enjoy.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
• 1 (5 oz.) can albacore tuna, packed in olive oil
• 12 oz. linguine pasta
• 1 (28 oz.) can San Marzano plum tomatoes
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 Tbs. capers, drained
• 2 Tbs. kalamata olives
• 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 4 basil leaves, torn, plus more for garnish
• 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to cook, about 1 to 2 min. Add capers and olives and cook for 2 min.
Crush tomatoes into skillet with your hands; reserve the juices. Cook until tomatoes are slightly dry, about 2 min.
Add reserved tomato juices, basil, and salt to taste. Cook until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 min. Add tuna with its oil, breaking it up with a fork, and season with salt. Add sauce and reserve pasta water and toss.
Season with pepper. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, parsley, and more basil.
Recipe provided by Windstream Cellars.