Lemon Chicken PiccataFeatured by Kiara Bella Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
Tangy and juicy, this recipe shows off Kiara Bella's 2018 Sauvignon Blanc! Try it with a bottle from your recent wine of the month club shipment.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 breast
● 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
● Salt, to taste
● Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
● ¼ cup all-purpose flower
● 2 Tbsp (¼ stick) butter
● 2 Tbsp olive oil
● 1 cup chicken broth
● 2 lemons
● ¾ cup heavy cream
● ¼ cup capers
● Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
● 1 lb Angel Hair pasta
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a medium-sized pot, boil the water and cook the pasta according to the pasta instructions. Drain and set aside (keeping warm).
3. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season each side with salt and pepper.
4. Place the flour in a medium-sized bowl. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, then place into the skillet. Cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Remove from heat and set the chicken aside on a plate.
5. In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, add the chicken broth, juice from both lemons, heavy cream and capers. Turn the heat down to medium-low and stir, adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook the sauce for about 3-5 minutes or until bubbling.
6. Plate the pasta and top with chicken breasts and sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!