Lamb Chops with Pomegranate RelishFeatured by Dierberg - Star Lane Vineyards in the Platinum Wine Club.
Rich and tender, this lamb recipe is incredible topped with the pomegranate relish. Its ideal for any meal of the week, especially paired with a Pinot Noir.Yield: 6
Prep Time: 70 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
• 2 large oranges, segmented
• 1/3 cup red wine (such as Pinot Noir)
• 1/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate concentrate (found at gourmet markets)
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 16 baby lamb chops, frenched (ask your butcher to do it), fat trimmed to 1/8 inch
• 1 cup pomegranate seeds
• 1/3 cup finely diced Vidalia onion
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
• 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Cut orange segments into 1/8-inch pieces over a bowl; collect juice (about 1/3 cup); set orange segments aside. Whisk orange juice, wine, pomegranate concentrate, 2 tablespoons of honey, oil, garlic and oregano in a bowl. Arrange lamb in a 9" x 13" baking dish; pour marinade over lamb. Cover; chill 1 to 2 hours, turning once.
Combine cut orange, pomegranate seeds, onion, mint, remaining 1 tablespoon honey and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss gently; chill. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove lamb from dish, pat dry and grill to desired doneness (3 minutes per side for medium-rare). Let rest 1 to 2 minutes and serve.