Lamb CasseroleFeatured by Cobblestone Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Pair this delicious casserole with a glass of Pinot Noir from your monthly wine club box!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 75 Minutes
• 2 sprigs fresh parsley
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 pounds lamb shank, cooked & diced
• 1 pound cubed ham steak
• 10 small onions
• 5 tomatoes - blanched, peeled & chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drain, rinse
• 6 links pork sausage links, halved
1. Tie the sprigs of parsley and thyme together with the bay leaves or place them in a cheesecloth and tie closed, because you will want to easily remove the herbs later.
2. Place the herb bundle, lamb, ham, onion, tomato, garlic and stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Stir in the beans and sausage and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes, or more if you want a thicker consistency.
4. Serve with warm bread, a fresh green salad, and a glass of Pinot Noir.
Recipe provided by Cobblestone Winery.