Lamb BurgerA featured Wine Club recipe for Martellotto Wines.
This take on a classic dish is easy to make and delicious! It is best paired with a glass of Grenache.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 pound minced lamb shoulder
• 5 garlic cloves, finely crushed, divided
• 3 teaspoons ground coriander
• 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 pinch paprika
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 4 burger buns
• 2 red onions, 1 grated and 1 cut into rings
• 5 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped, divided
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon cooking oil
• ¼ cup salad leaves
1. In a bowl, mix together the minced lamb with the grated onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, 4 tablespoons of chopped mint, ground coriander, and Dijon mustard.
2. Form the mixture into 4 burger patties and then chill them in the fridge until they are ready to cook.
3. In a clean bowl, mix together the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, the two remaining minced garlic cloves, a pinch of paprika, the remaining tablespoon of chopped mint, parsley, and dill. Refrigerate this sauce until ready to use.
4. Preheat the grill on high, lightly oil the lamb patties, and then cook for about 4 minutes each side.
5. Place the halved burger buns under the grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until they are lightly toasted.
6. Spread a little of the mayonnaise sauce on the burger bun, top with a burger patty, a few slices of red onion, some more of the mayonnaise sauce, and some salad leaves.
7. Serve and enjoy.