Korean-Style Beef Short RibsFeatured by Rütz Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Enjoy this amazing and tasty Beef Short Ribs recipe. Be sure to pair it with the Pinot Noir from your recent Wine Club delivery!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 250 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Minutes
• 5 pounds Korean style beef short ribs (bones intact)
• 1 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
• 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
• 1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated (may substitute with regular pear)
• 4 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
Sprinkle the brown sugar over the beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef to a sealable freezer bag (you may need two). Add marinade, press out excess air from bags and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
Drain excess marinade off and grill, turning once about 3-4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Recipe provided by Rütz Cellars.