Kachemak Bay Oysters on the Half ShellA featured Wine Club recipe for Lawer Estates.
Simple and refreshing, this oyster recipe is to die for, especially paired with a glass of Viognier!Yield: 2 - 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
• Juice of half a lime
• 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
• 1/2 tsp fish sauce
• 1 finely chopped scallion (white part only)
• 1/2 tsp honey
• 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 finely chopped Thai chili, or a pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 dozen freshly shucked ice-cold oysters
Mix all ingredients for mignonette and taste it - add more lime juice to taste.
Shuck oysters and arrange on half shells on a plate of crushed ice. Spoon mignonette over oysters and serve. Sliced French bread with butter is a good accompaniment.
Recipe provided by Lawer Estates.