Jerk ChickenFeatured by Ram's Gate Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Easy, flavorful and melts in your mouth! Try this recipe paired with a Pinot Noir from your recent wine subscription delivery.Yield: 4-6
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1, 4-to-5-pound Whole Chicken, quartered
• 1 bunch green onions
• 2 shallots, halved
• 1 jalapeño pepper, stems removed (seeds also removed if you are sensitive to heat)
• 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 6 garlic cloves
• ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves
• 1 T + 1 tsp ground allspice
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 4 tablespoons soy sauce
• 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon salt, more for sprinkling
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• ¼ cup tart cherry juice or pomegranate juice
*Note: Recipe requires overnight refrigeration.*
1. Combine ingredients for the marinade in blender, blend until smooth.
2. In a gallon size zip lock bag, combine marinade and chicken. Place bag of chicken in a casserole dish and refrigerate overnight, giving it a turn and jostle after a couple of hours to ensure its evenly marinating.
3. Before grilling, pull chicken out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. Get your grill ready. Whether you use a smoker, charcoal, or gas, keep a medium heat on one side of your grill for at least 15 minutes, season the chicken and place it on the other side and close the lid until the chicken is cooked through.
5. When your chicken is cooked through, stoke your fire, or turn it up to medium-high heat and move it over direct heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side or when there are deep grill marks with a little char. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Ram's Gate Winery.