Italian Sausage and Tortellini SoupFeatured by Tenuta di Valgiano in the International Wine Club.
Enjoy this hearty recipe with your favorite Sangiovese from your wine box subscription!Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
• 1 3.5 ounce link Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
• 1 Cup chopped Onions
• 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
• 5 Cups Beef Stock
• 1/3 Cup water
• 1/2 Cup Red Wine
• 4 Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
• 1 Cup Carrots, chopped
• 1/2 Teaspoon dried Basil
• 1/2 Teaspoon dried Oregano
• 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
• 1 Zucchini, chopped
• 8 ounces, Cheese Tortellini
• 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
• 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
• 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese for topping
Place sausage in large pot over medium high heat; saute for 10 minutes or until browned. Drain the fat except for 1 Tablespoon. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 more minutes. Add the beef stock, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, skimming any fat. Add the zucchini, tortellini, green bell pepper and parsley to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is fully cooked.
Pour into individual bowls and garnish with cheese to serve.
Recipe sourced by Tentua di Valgiano