Halibut with Acqua PazzaFeatured by Viansa Sonoma Winery - Santerra Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Tender halibut baked with flavors of onion, garlic, fresh herbs and a dash of red pepper flakes. This will surely become a household favorite! Serve with the Viansa 2006 Pinot Gris.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1 carrot, finely chopped
• 1 celery stick, finely chopped
• 3 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 ½ cup Viansa Vittoria Pinot Grigio
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• 3 tbs. capers
• Salt & Pepper
• Dash of red pepper flakes
• 4 Halibut Fillets
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 3 tbs of Viansa's Extra Virgin Olive Oil in pan. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook until tender. Add wine, rosemary, thyme, seasonings, capers and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
Add fish fillets, vegetables. Bake about 20 minutes, or until fillets are completely cooked. Remove the rosemary sprig. Serve the fillets in individual bowls.
Garnish with ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley.