Grilled Veal Chops with MustardFeatured by Château Tour des Combes in the International Wine Club.
Simple and delicious, these grilled veal chops will pair perfectly with the Château Tour des Combes 2009 Saint-Émillion Grand Cru!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) bourbon whisky or white wine
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
• 1 tsp finely chopped capers
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 4 bone-in veal chops, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick, trimmed of fat
• Salt and pepper
1. In a glass dish, combine all the ingredients except for the meat. Add the veal chops and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. If possible, turn the chops once during the marinating.
2. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
3. Remove the chops from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and grill the chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare or until the desired doneness. Serve with potatoes and a vegetable of your choice.
Recipe sourced from ricardocuisine.com