Grilled Salmon Skewers with Dijon and GarlicA featured Wine Club recipe for Brick Barn Wine Estate.
These take less than 30 minutes to make and you end up with such juicy, flaky and flavorful salmon that you'll want to pair with a glass of Pinot Noir!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
• 2 large lemons thinly sliced
• 16 10-inch bamboo skewers
For the Marinade
• 2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
• 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
• 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
• 2 Tbsp light olive oil, not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point
• 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
1. Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375 ̊F).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
3. Double skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewered salmon with marinade.
4. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
Recipe sourced from NatashasKitchen.com