Grilled PrawnsFeatured by Calera Wine Company in the Diamond Wine Club.
These delectable grilled prawns are easy, tasty, and quick! Pair this meal with a glass (or two!) of Chardonnay.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
• 2/3 cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
• 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay)
• 24 prawns or jumbo shrimp (shells left on)
• Bamboo skewers
• Mesclun greens
• Lemon wedges as an accompaniment
In a large bowl, stir together all the marinade ingredients, add the prawns, and toss them to coat well. Let the prawns marinate, covered and chilled, for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour; drain the prawns in a fine sieve; reserve the marinade.
Thread 3 or 4 prawns on each bamboo skewer. Boil the reserved marinade in a medium saucepan until reduced by half. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Grill the prawns on a rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals for 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
Divide the prawns among 8 plates layered with greens, spoon sauce over prawns and serve them with the lemon wedges.