Grilled PrawnsFeatured by Calera Wine Company in the Diamond Wine Club.
These delectable grilled prawns are easy, tasty, and quick! This is another fine recipe for our Wine of the Month Club members to pair this meal with a glass (or two!) of Chardonnay.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Serving Size: 3 prowns each
• 2/3 cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
• 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay)
• 24 prawns or jumbo shrimp (shells left on)
• Bamboo skewers
• Mesclun greens
• Lemon wedges as an accompaniment
In a large bowl, stir together all the marinade ingredients, add the prawns, and toss them to coat well. Let the prawns marinate, covered and chilled, for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour; drain the prawns in a fine sieve; reserve the marinade.
Thread 3 or 4 prawns on each bamboo skewer. Boil the reserved marinade in a medium saucepan until reduced by half. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Grill the prawns on a rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals for 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
Divide the prawns among 8 plates layered with greens, spoon sauce over prawns and serve them with the lemon wedges.