Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry SalsaFeatured by Dierberg - Star Lane Vineyards in the Platinum Wine Club.
Grilled pork tenderloin cut thin and topped with beautiful cherry salsa. Pair it with a Pinot Noir!Yield: 2 Pork Tenderloins
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
• 1/2 cup minced shallots, divided
• 6 Tbs. fresh lime juice, divided
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 pork tenderloins, about 2 1/2 lbs. total
• 1/2 lb. fresh cherries, stemmed,pitted, halved
• 1 fresh Fresno, red jalapeno, or Holland chile, thinly sliced
• 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup minced shallots, 4 Tbs. lime juice, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup shallots, 2 Tbs. lime juice, cherries, chile, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season salsa lightly with salt and pepper and set aside to let flavors meld.
Remove tenderloins from marinade and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill tenderloins, turning frequently, until a thermometer inserted into meat registers 145 degrees, about 15 minutes. Let rest 10 min. Cut into thin slices and serve with salsa.