Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Reduction SauceA featured Wine Club recipe for Square Peg Winery.
Seasoned with shallots, chipotle peppers and cayenne, this pork tenderloin can pack a punch! Top it with the cherry reduction sauce to balance out the spice, and serve with a glass of Square Peg Pinot Noir.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
• Pork tenderloin - one, unseasoned
• Shallots - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
• Extra virgin olive oil - 3 TBSP
• Chicken stock - 1 cup
• Beef stock - 1 cup
• Black cherry jam -
• Chipotle peppers - 1-2, finely chopped
• Dried cherries - optional
• Cayenne - 1 TSP
• Salt and pepper - to taste
1. Slice shallots thin and sauté in 1 TBSP olive oil over medium high heat in a saucepan. Add in chicken and beef stocks/broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium low, simmer until liquid is reduced to about 3 TBSP.
2. Sprinkle cayenne, salt and pepper (or spice rub of your choice—make sure to add some heat) over pork. Grill over medium heat 20 mins, 10 mins each side. (Or in skillet, cook pork in 1 oz. olive oil, 4 minutes a side, then oven-bake, 425ºF, 15-20 mins.)
3. After removing pork from grill, let it stand and finish sauce by stirring in chipotles and cherry jelly, simmer 5 mins. Let sauce thicken, 5 mins. Cut tenderloin into ½ -in. thick pieces. Fan out slices onto plate, spoon sauce over the top.