Grilled Oysters with Mango Pico de Gallo and Red Chili HorseradishFeatured by Adobe Road Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
Easy to prepare with excellent flavors of sweet, spicy, briny, and fresh oysters - this recipe has it all! Serve with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Mango Pico de Gallo:
• 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into very small dices
• 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into very small dices
• 1 small jalapeno, cut into very small dices
• 1 lime, juiced
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
Red Chili Horseradish:
• 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
• 1 1/2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
• 20 oysters, scrubbed well
Make the Mango Pico de Gallo:
Mix together the mango, onion, jalapeno, limejuice, oil, honey, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Let set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Make the Chili Horseradish:
Mix together the horseradish and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Season with salt, to taste.
Cook the Oysters:
Heat grill to high. Dip oysters in water, as this will help them steam open on the grill. Place oysters on the grill, close the cover, and grill until all have opened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
Place a tablespoon of the Mango Pico de Gallo on top of each oyster and top that with a scant teaspoon of the Red Chili Horseradish.