Grilled Mediterranean Beef SkewersFeatured by KitFox Vineyards in the Gold Wine Club.
A beef marinade of herbs and wine, grilled and served with a side of cilantro rice. Delicious! Pair this with a bottle of a Proprietary White Blend. **Beef will need to marinate a minimum of 2 hours.Yield: 6
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
• 2 Teaspoons Sage, finely chopped
• 2 Teaspoons Thyme, finely chopped
• 2 Teaspoons Peppercorns, ground
• 1 Tablespoons Salt, kosher
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
• 1 Teaspoon Rosemary, finely chopped
• 1 Teaspoon Basil, finely chopped
• 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
• 1 Tablespoons Lemon peel
• 5 Tablespoons Foxy Red wine
• 1 Tablespoons Honey
• 1 1 / 2 pounds beef skirt steak, sliced fairly thin strips for skewers
• 2 Heads Bibb lettuce, washed and patted dry
• 2 Cups Tomatoes, chopped
• 1 Cucumber per serving, seedless, peeled and chopped
• 1 Cup plain Yogurt, for dressing
Combine all herbs, garlic, lemon peel, olive oil, honey and wine. Place beef in zip-lock bag or storage container and pour marinade over beef. Marinade for 2 hours or overnight. (be sure to soak the wooden skewers in water for same amount of time).
Once marinated, weave a slice of beef onto each skewer. On a preheated grill, place the skewered beef side by side, and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, then turn over and cook for 2 additional minutes. Baste with any remaining marinade while grilling meat on second side. Remove when done.
For each serving, remove the meat from skewer and place onto the center of a lettuce leaf. Add chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber and yogurt. Fold outer sides of leaves into center- surrounding the beef filling and enjoy. If desired, prepare a Cilantro flavored Rice to serve on the side.