Grilled Lamb Skewers with Spiced Mint MarinadeFeatured by Morgan Winery in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
An exquisite grilled lamb recipe marinated overnight that provides wonderful flavor. Drizzle the spiced mint marinade over your cooked lamb skewers and serve with a bottle of Morgan Pinot Noir.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
• ¾ cup orange juice
• ½ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
• ¼ cup dry Sherry
• ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
• 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
• 2 teaspoons Szechuan peppercorns
• 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
• 1 ½ pounds 1-inch cubes trimmed leg of lamb (cut from 2 ½ pounds of untrimmed leg of lamb)
Combine all ingredients except lamb in medium bowl for marinade. Thread lamb onto metal skewers. Place skewers in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over. Cover with plastic wrap; chill overnight.
Transfer lamb skewers to baking sheet. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Prepare barbeque (medium-high heat). Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to platter. Boil marinade 5 minutes. Strain, then spoon over lamb and serve.