Grilled Lamb Chops with PeperonataFeatured by Heritance Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
Another amazing recipe from Hesitance Wines that pair wonderfully with their featured wines. These grilled lamb chops with peperonata is great with seasoned vegetables and a side of rice. Pair it with the Hesitance Cabernet Sauvignon.Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for brushing
• 6 oil-packed anchovies, finely chopped
• 3 red or yellow bell peppers (about 1 1/4 lbs), thinly sliced
• 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• Scant 1/2 cup golden raisins
• 2 Tbsp drained capers
• 1 Tbsp sugar
• 1/4 cup white wine vinegar mixed with
• 3/4 cup of water
• Salt & freshly ground pepper
• 8 small lamb chops (5 to 6 oz. each)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large, deep skillet, heat the 1/3 cup of olive oil until shimmering. Add the anchovies and cook over high heat, stirring, until dissolved, about 1 min. Add the peppers, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, about 10 min. Stir in the raisins, capers and sugar. Add the vinegar mixture and simmer over low heat until the peppers are very tender and the liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 min. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan until very hot. Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chops over high heat until they are lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the grill pan to the oven and roast chops for 3 minutes for medium meat. Serve the lamb chops with peperonata.
Recipe provided by Heritance Wines.