Grilled Lamb Brochettes with Lemon & DillA featured Wine Club recipe for Shannon Family/Ridge, Clay Shannon, Old Pearl.
Pair this citrus-infused dish with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• grated peel from 1 lemon
• juice from 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 2 1/2 lbs boned leg of lamb, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
• lemon wedges
1. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1/4 cup dill, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add lamb and mix to coat thoroughly. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Thread cubes of lamb into 7 or 8 skewers.
3. Lay skewers over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning skewers as needed, until lamb is browned on all sides but still pink in the center (medium-rare; cut to test), 5 to 6 minutes, or just barely pink in the center (medium), 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Transfer skewers to platter. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon chopped dill and serve with lemon wedges for a final squeeze of juice.