Grilled Flank Steak with Grilled Vegetables, Roasted Vegetables Aioli and Chimichurri SauceFeatured by Pey-Lucia Vineyards in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
Pair with a glass of your favorite Pinot Noir from your latest wine club shipment. Cheers!Yield: 2-4
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1-2 pound Flank Steak
• Freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• ½ tablespoon coriander
• Freshly ground black pepper
• This is a delicious, slightly spicy sauce.
• ¼ cup parsley
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegars
• 4 large garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
• 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, put through garlic press
• Kosher salt
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 cup olive oil
• Cayenne pepper
• Fresh Fennel, thinly sliced
For the Chimichurri Sauce, in a food processor combine parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and process for a few second. Let stand for at least 1 hour before serving. Can be made the day before — bring to room temperature.
For the Aoili, put crushed garlic and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add egg yolks and lemon juice and whisk to blend. Slowly whisk in olive oil in a steady stream until a creamy sauce forms. Season with salt and cayenne.
For the Rub, combine all ingredients rub on both sides of flank steak. Place spice-rubbed flank steak in a ziplock bag and add lime juice. Marinate for 12-24 hours. Grill flank steak over high heat. 5 minutes per side for medium rare and a little longer for more well cooked. After taking steak off of barbecue let it rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Serve the Flank Steak over a bed of arugula and thinly sliced fennel that has been lightly dressed with vinaigrette. Serve with Aioli and Chimichurri Sauce.
Recipe sourced by Pey-Lucia