Grilled Chicken Thighs with Soy, Orange, Ginger & Coconut RiceA featured Wine Club recipe for Piazza Family Wines.
Enjoy a delicious glass of Pinot Noir from your latest wine membership shipment with this delectable chicken recipe!Yield: 2-4
Prep Time: 130 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1.5 lbs. bone in chicken thighs
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 Tablespoons honey
• 1 & 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
• 1 cup jasmine rice
• 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 & 1/2 cups water
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine and stir together marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup and pour remainder over chicken thighs.
2. Cover and marinade in fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably 6.
3. Heat grill to 450 degrees. Grill chicken until internal temp reaches 165 degrees, flipping every 5 minutes. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before serving.
4. While chicken is cooking, prepare rice. Bring coconut milk, salt and water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add rice, stir, and bring back to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cover with lid and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
5. In small sauce pan, bring reserved marinade to a boil, reduce by 1/2, spoon over chicken.
Recipe provided by Piazza Family Wines.