Grilled Cajun ShrimpFeatured by Derby Wine Estates in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
Enjoy this New Orleans style shrimp with a glass of Pinot Gris from your wine club box. Cheers!Yield: 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
• 3/4 cup canola oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
• 2 pounds cooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
• 1 cup butter, cubed
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3 drops hot pepper sauce (if desired)
In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Please the shrimp in a large bowl add half of the marinade. Mix the shrimp until fully coated. Reserve the additional marinade for basting.
In a small saucepan, combine the Cajun butter ingredients: heat until butter is melted. Keep warm.
Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill uncovered oven medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting once with reserve marinade.
Serve with Cajun Butter
Recipe sourced by Derby Wine Estates