Gorgonzola, Fig & Prosciutto PizzaFeatured by Mi Sueño Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
You will not want to miss this pizza recipe! Not only is it cheesy and slightly salty, bit it also has a bit of sweetness from the figs. Pairs beautifully with a Chardonnay.Yield: One 12x10-inch rectangle pizza
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
• 11 lb. package purchased pizza dough
• 2 cups (generous) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 8 oz.)
• 6 small fresh figs, cut into 1/4-to 1/3 inch-thick slices
• 2 Tbs. fig balsamic vinegar, divided
• 8 thin slices prosciutto (from two 3-oz. packages)
• 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 cups arugula
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12x10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper. Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 Tbs. vinegar over and set aside.
Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately drape prosciutto slices over, covering pizza completely. Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Whisk remaining 1 Tbs. vinegar and oil in large bowl; add arugula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.