Gnocchi with Blue Cheese & Frizzled ProsciuttoFeatured by Geodesy Wine in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
An amazingly delicious and comforting dish of gnocchi with blue cheese and prosciutto. Pair this with a glass of Pinot Noir from your monthly wine delivery!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1 pound gnocchi
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
• 6 ounces spinach
• 1 shallot, minced
• ½ cup milk
• 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1) Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2) Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3) Add the prosciutto, and cook until crispy. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towels.
4) To the same pan, add the shallot and sauté on medium heat, until softened. Add the spinach to the pan with the softened shallots, and allow to wilt, 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes, until the gnocchi float to the top. Drain.
6) Add the gnocchi to the skillet with the spinach and shallot. Add the milk, blue cheese, and nutmeg and stir until the cheese is melted and the gnocchi are coated.
Recipe sourced from Plantings and Pairings.