Garlic Pepper Steak with root vegetablesFeatured by White Oak Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Pair this savory delicacy with your 2003 White Oak Napa Valley Merlot!Yield: 4
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1/4 cup Butter
• 1 tablespoon Garlic, fresh finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, whole, coarsely ground
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
• 4 medium Carrots, sliced 1/4 -inch
• 1 medium Leek, sliced 1/4 - inch
• 1 medium Turnip, cut into thin wedges
• 1 pound Beef Sirloin Steak, cut into 4 pieces
Melt 2 tablespoons of Butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; stir in Garlic, Pepper and salt. Add Carrots, Leek and Turnip. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender and caramelized (8 - 10 minutes). Remove vegetables from pan. Add remaining Butter and Sirloin pieces. Cook meat, turning once, approximately 3 minutes per side. Add vegetables; continue cooking until meat reaches desired doneness (2-4 minutes). Enjoy a glass of Merlot or two while cooking.