Gambas Pil Pil (Chilean-style Prawns)Featured by Matetic Vineyards in the International Wine Club.
This recipe will make you wish you made more! Garlic prawns with chili pepper and Pisco then topped with cayenne pepper for a final kick. Pair this with the 2008 EQ Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 10 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
• 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 cacho de cabra pepper, or Anaheim pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 Tbs. pisco or brandy
• salt to taste
• cayenne pepper to taste
• 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
1. Place the garlic cloves and grape seed oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the garlic slowly turn golden brown as the oil becomes hot; continue cooking until the garlic has turned golden-brown, and the oil is quite hot.
2. Add the shrimp, stir to coat with oil, and cook for 15 seconds before stirring in the chili pepper. Continue to cook until shrimp is pink and firm. Pour in pisco, and cook for 30 seconds to let the alcohol evaporate. Season with salt to taste, then pour the mixture into a serving dish.
3. Serve sprinkled with cayenne pepper, and garnished with lime wedges. Enjoy with Matetic’s 2008 EQ Sauvignon Blanc.