Flank Steak with ChimichurriFeatured by J. Wilkes Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
An excellent flank steak covered in decadent chimichurri sauce. Pair it with the Red Blend that arrived in your monthly wine club shipment!Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 1/2 pounds trimmed flank steak
• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 large garlic clove
• 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Pat steak dry. Stir together 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, coriander, and pepper in a small bowl and rub mixture onto both sides of steak. Broil steak on a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, with motor running, add garlic to a food processor and finely chop. Add cilantro, parsley, vinegar, oil, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pulse until herbs are finely chopped.
Holding a knife at a 45-degree angle, thinly slice steak. Serve with sauce.
Recipe sourced from Epicurious.com