Fennel and Dill Rubbed Grilled SalmonFeatured by Trombetta Family Wines in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
An exceptional addition to the natural flavors of the salmon, the fennel and dill create a perfect summer dish! Be sure to buy the salmon with the skin on, which makes it much easier to handle as it grills.Yield: 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
• 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons (packed) golden brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons Pimentón de la Vera (Spanish smoked paprika)
• 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
• Nonstick vegetable oil spray
• 1 3 3/4- to 4-pound side of salmon with skin (preferably wild salmon)
• Olive oil
Finely grind fennel seeds in spice mill or coffee grinder. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in next 5 ingredients.
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush salmon lightly on both sides with olive oil. Rub spice mixture generously over flesh side of salmon. Place salmon, skin side up, on grill rack; cover and cook until fish is slightly firmer, about 8 minutes.
Slide rimless baking sheet under salmon to turn salmon over without breaking. Place another rimless baking sheet atop salmon. Using both hands, firmly hold baking sheets together and invert salmon; slide salmon, flesh side up, off baking sheet and onto grill rack. Cover and grill until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes longer. Using rimless baking sheet, remove salmon from grill.
Gently slide salmon, flesh side up, onto platter and serve.
Recipe sourced from epicurious.com