Faunicious Tortilla Day SoupFeatured by Faun Vineyards in the Gold Wine Club.
Enjoy this classic dish with a glass of Faun Chardonnay from your wine of the month subscription.Yield: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 8 oz. Chicken, sautéd, shredded into bite-sized pieces
• 2 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
• 1 Onion, coarsely chopped
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 28 oz. Chicken broth
• 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
• 1/4 Cup Chardonnay - not the Faun Chardonnay-save that to enjoy with your soup!
• 14 oz. Tomatoes, fresh, diced
• 14 oz. (or less, to taste) Green Chilies, mild, diced
• 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder (or less, to taste)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin (or less, to taste)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Tortilla Chips, fresh
• 4 oz. shredded Cheese - Monterrey Jack & Cheddar blend preferred
• 1 Dollop of Sour Cream per serving
In a medium-size sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté until onions are transparent (about 15 minutes). Remove to a 2-quart saucepan. Set aside. In sautéing fresh chicken breasts, use same sauté pan (and additional butter if needed) and sauté chicken breasts until done. Cool and shred as indicated. Set aside to add later. Add the next 8 ingredients to the cooked onion/garlic mixture in the 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, over and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cooked shredded chicken; cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
Ladle into bowls; top with coarsely crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
Recipe sourced by Faun