Dawson Creek Mushroom RisottoFeatured by Dawson Creek Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
Decadent, creamy risotto with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan Cheese. For best results serve with the Roasted Beef Tenderloin and a glass of Cabernet Franc.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil 1/2 Onion, finely diced
• 1 cup Arborio Rice 2 tablespoons White Wine
• 3-4 cups Chicken broth or Vegetable Stock
• 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms, sliced and sautéed for 3-5 minutes in the butter until al dente.
• 3 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 2 tablespoons Fresh Herbs (such as oregano and chives), chopped
• 1 tablespoon Butter
• To Taste - Salt & Pepper
In a 2-3 quart sauce pan heat the oil. Add the onion and cook 2 minutes at medium heat. Add rice and stir while you sauté for 2 minutes until the rice begins to color slightly. Add White wine and cook 1-2 minutes until evaporated. Slowly begin adding stock — _ cup at a time, stirring often. Continue slowly adding the stock until you have used 2 cups. This should take 15-18 minutes. Add the mushrooms and any liquid from cooking the mushrooms. Add the remaining stock stirring constantly.
When the Risotto is done it should be soft and creamy on the outside and firm on the inside. When ready, add the parmesan cheese, butter and herbs. Season to taste and serve immediately.
For Presentation: Spoon Risotto in the center of plate, slice tenderloin 1/2" thick and place 2-3 slices on top of the risotto. Garnish with sprigs herbs. Serve with vegetables.