David Bruce's Leftover TurkeyA featured Wine Club recipe for David Bruce Winery.
A favorite of David Bruce, this leftover turkey dish combines comfort and amazing flavor. Pair it with the 1989 Pinot Noir for a fantastic tasting experience.Yield: 1 Casserole
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
• 2 Quarts Turkey meat stripped from bone
• 6 Large shallots, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 1 Head of garlic, peeled and almost finely chopped
• 1 Quart of Turkey stock
• 3 Rounded Tbs. of curry powder (use a tremendous amount of leeway here. Some folks are going to think that's not near enough)
• 1 Rounded Tbs. of coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 Tsp. salt
• 1 Bunch of parsley, medium coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees (medium oven).
Prepare 8 balls of Roux, 3/4 inch diameter, by mixing 2 Tbs. of flour with 2 Tbs. of butter. Mix all together. Place in a casserole. Dot surface with Roux. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove casserole; work Roux down into liquid with spoon. Ladle liquid over morsels of turkey that are heating too fast. Return to oven and bake for 30 to 50 minutes. Judge correct cooking time by amount of liquid remaining in casserole. Liquid should be reduced only by half. Serve with sour French bread and David Bruce Estate Bottled Pinot Noir.